What happens to these people after they die?
What happens when these people die:
1) infant child who was never exposed to Christianity
2) Person who grew up in another culture and never had a chance to hear about Jesus - perhaps a tribe member in a jungle of south America or on a remote uncharted island.
3) A Christian, who, at the time of their death, is going through a crisis of faith and is uncertain, despite a lifetime of faithfulness.
Any thoughts on these questions? What would be the fate of their souls? Heaven? Hell? Purgatory? Some other fate?
1.When young Children die they are automatically go to the bosoms of the Father because they are of God like what happened to Lazarus (Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.)
The young children are of God because they are innocence. In the time of Christ there was written discussion between Christ and His disciples and it was about young children. Let us read it, in the book of Mark we can read this
Mat 18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
As we see Christ wants us to be like a child who is innocence, innocence in what?
the answer is, innocence in sin.
2. many people wonder, What will happen to these people who do not even know the existences of bible, and because they don't knew it, how can it be transgressed?
In the book of Romans 2:11... we can read this.” For there is no respect of persons with God.
Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
.In this verse it is clear that although the person do not know the law of God, but God put the law in their hearts. example In Deut 5:17 it says.” Thou shalt not kill.” Even you don't know this verse; you will come to know that killing someone is wrong. Remember the one who will be save is the 'doers the law’.
The fate of these people who you said that never expose to Christianity is in the hands of God, He is the savior of all men “1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. “
3. If this is the scenario I think God will not allow somebody will die with uncertainty in his salvation, because God is justices He will give enough time to everyone to be just or righteous or to be filthy “Rev 22:11 He that is unrighteous, let him do unrighteousness still: and he that is filthy, let him be made filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him do righteousness still: and he that is holy, let him be made holy still” So that, in the judgment time it will give justices to the verdict of God if someone is going to hell or to heaven.